Friday, November 8, 2013

My BSB 20th Anniversary Cruise Review!!!

*Since my review is 15 pages long (lol), I will be posting them in parts.

Intro

I’ll start off my review by saying I’m Denise, 30 years old from Illinois, and a diehard fan of Backstreet since the early nineties ever since I heard and seen  “As Long As You Love Me” on the VH1 countdown. I love all the Backstreet Boys, but I have a special place in my heart for Nick. I’ve been wanting to go on a Backstreet Boys cruise since the very first one and up until now only had the opportunity to watch videos on Youtube and see pictures on the Internet. I remember watching the videos on Youtube and wishing so badly I could have been a part of it, so when I heard that Kevin was going to be on this cruise and since it is their 20th anniversary cruise, I just had to go. I’ve been saving up money since the first cruise so thankfully I was able to give this awesome gift to myself for my 30th birthday.



I must mention that I came down with a really bad cold about two days before the day I was supposed to leave for the cruise. I was really pissed off this happened, but knew this was a distinct possibility because being in Illinois, I always get sick around this time. I don’t have health insurance so I went to the nearest doctor and after he told me it wasn’t strep (which I think maybe was, but I just went to the doctor too early) he still prescribed me an antibiotic and a painkiller for throat pain. Come to find out after the office was closed, that the medicine he gave me literally cost $400! I had to wait until the following day to call the office and explain I don’t have health insurance and suggested that they give me the z pac. I finally got that and if I didn’t get that, I probably would have been really sick on the cruise and it would have ruined my whole time.

As I’m writing this now (11/2/13), I still have a cough but that’s probably from all the screaming I did because of Nick’s hot self lol. I was really angry that I got sick, but I wasn’t going to let anything or anyone stop me from having a great time. I’ve been having a lot of personal problems with my family and my parent’s health and didn’t even think I was going to be able to go because of that. I thought at one point I would lose the experience and all the money I put towards this trip, but thanks to God everything worked out. I really needed to just let loose and have some fun and this was the ultimate way to do it for me because I love BSB so much! If it wasn’t for BSB, I never would have had the guts to travel alone for the first time, be on a cruise ship for the first time, and go to Miami or the Bahamas! Thank you BSB! Whenever I do anything fun on this level, it always involves my favorite guys, BSB!

No comments:

Post a Comment