Saturday, November 16, 2013

BSB Cruise: Monday, October 28, 2013

DAY FOUR: Monday, October 28th, 2013
I woke up early to pack and have breakfast. I ended up taking my luggage to breakfast because it was already 8 a.m. I quickly said goodbye to my roommate and we hugged and then I bumped into Harriet at breakfast and we ate together. I made a joke that I couldn’t pass up eating a banana after last night’s Bachelorette Party banana teases and then that’s when I met the girl sitting next to me and her friend. I asked Harriet if she wanted to split a cab and I told her since my flight was at 1:50 p.m. I wanted to leave right away.

I ended up leaving alone because her flight was later. I had to fill out this paper saying if I bought anything from the Bahamas and show my ID and go through security. Then I saw that the cab line was long so I ended up finding this guy who had a shuttle van. After waiting a few minutes, we left to Miami International. He charged $10 and this was a lot cheaper than a cab. The line for security at MIA was so long, but I made it and had probably 45 minutes to spare before my flight took off. I looked at my footage during this time.

One of the girls I met texted me and said BSB were taking American too and were at Terminal 1. I didn’t want to miss my flight so I didn’t go, but I thought that fact was cool. The takeoff for this flight was easy, but I was half-asleep so that may have something to do with it. Also, I packed my headphones in my suitcase so I wasn’t able to listen to music on the plane, but that was okay because I just dosed off. The landing was kind of rough, but we made it. Then when I got to baggage claim, they said gate 4, then switched to gate 9 and after literally a half hour later and after asking a guy if I should go to the desk and he said no, I finally went to the desk. Bear in mind all my souvenirs were in there and I was starting to get upset. My limo guy even called me to see what was the matter. I told him I wasn’t leaving without my luggage.

After the people at American were flirting with each other and goofing off, the one guy finally managed to find my luggage by the original gate 4 after they told everyone to go to gate 9. I’m just so glad it was there. They thought it was so funny though. That upset me for the rest of the evening and then the limo guy was kind of rude because he said I was standing in the wrong spot, but I was standing where the other guy on the phone told me to stand. I made it back though! I felt the instant I came back to Illinois everything went crappy again, but what can I say?

Final Thoughts

I really had the best time of my life on this cruise! I would have never had the guts to travel alone and do something this big if it wasn't for BSB and my love for them. I feel great that I went and it proves to me that I can do stuff like this. It has been a tough year for me with my parents being in really poor health and losing my furry baby Jamie so I really needed this to lift my spirits. I was in a pretty crappy place before I went on the cruise and I really needed this. I just hope that things will continue to get better, but that if they don’t I will always have these great memories. The cruise exceeded my expectations. Of course there were some setbacks, but I choose to remember the best moments and thankfully, there were more of those great moments than crappy ones. I am such a worrier at times and it was great to just let loose and BSB are the only ones that can do that for me. I was so worried I would get sea sick or get really scared on the plane, but none of that happened thanks to God. I’m so happy I was able to go to the Bahamas and for the BSB to be right there was a dream! This was a first of many’s for me. First time traveling alone, first time on a cruise, first time in the Bahamas, first time out of the country, first alcoholic drink (unless you count the time I had a sip of beer as a baby…I too had family that thought that was funny like Nick’s).

I can’t wait to see the guys again on 12/6 at the Chicago Theatre for the Christmas concert Miracle on State Street. I can’t wait to see my boys again and get a picture with them! I’m hoping I’ll get a tad bit more time to talk to Nick this time around.

Thanks for reading! Thanks to BSB for giving me the best moments of my life! Stay talented, sweet, down-to-earth, sexy men! And please continue to read this blog. I'll be posting more on BSB and my life whenever I have time. In the meantime, I had to leave you with some pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment