Friday, November 15, 2013

BSB Cruise: Saturday, October 26, 2013

DAY TWO: Saturday, October 26, 2013
I only had probably about two hours of sleep and got up to have some breakfast. This was the first time I tried breakfast on the ship and didn’t discover the omelet station until a day later. I got some eggs and pancakes that tasted like something fishy was next to it and the hashbrowns were one big crisp, with no potato. Kind of disappointing but oh well. Also, both the lemonade and orange juice was made with the rock water so I could hardly stand that. I’m lucky that I wasn’t dehydrated most of the trip, but I did drink the rock water when I felt I really needed some water. For lunch I had some chicken tenders and fries that were okay. I wish I could have tried some more food to see if there was anything better, but there was no time.

I got ready to leave for Half Moon Cay. I kept going back and forth deciding if I wanted to wear my swimsuit and a cover-up or just a regular t-shirt and shorts. I went with the swimsuit and I’m glad I did. I seen Ashley in the elevator and we parted ways since the beginning of the cruise, so she said we should meet at her room. I went to what I thought I heard her say her room was and it wasn’t her room. I went back in my line to get on board a smaller ship to the Bahamas and got out of line to try to look for her again. I shouldn’t have done that because I didn’t realize it was by color and we couldn’t go on the same boat anyway because of that. Anyway, I eventually found her and had to go to the very back of my line for my blue wrist band and that screwed me up. I think I was on the second to the last boat to get over there, which really really sucked but after that I decided to mainly do my own thing and if anybody I knew was around cool, but if not, oh well. So after getting in line and getting frustrated because an old lady was upset that I supposedly cut in line which I didn’t because I was in line before and for a group in front of me goofing around and slowing down the line, I finally was able to be put on the boat that took me to the island. I ended up having to stand and it was a bit uneasy for me because the water was choppy and I was trying to take pictures while making sure I wouldn’t fall. I ended up making it to the island!!!!!




Half Moon Cay, Bahamas is beautiful! I always wanted to go to a tropical island and thanks to BSB and my hard-working money, I can say I did! I quickly took pictures of the welcome sign and the Bahamian flag and went exploring. I tried to make it quickly to the beach and it was so nice to see that crystal clear blue water! I seen where the stage was set up for BSB but because I was alone and had my camera and passport, I didn’t want to put my stuff in a thick crowd. I ended up setting my stuff down on a lounge chair and running to the ocean lol. I haven’t been in the ocean since I was a little girl and it has been too too long! The water felt great and it was remarkable just to stare out into the ocean and see the Carnival Imagination in the background. I kept looking over at my stuff to make sure it was okay, and that was a real pain but I didn’t have much of a choice. I did discover later that the island had lockers, but I didn’t know that information at first and didn’t bring any money with me because I thought I could use my sign and sail card for souvenirs. That was a stupid thought because I would have just liked to have used cash anyway to be safe, but I ended up just taking pictures of things I would have got in the shops that were on the island. Saved money this way too. I thought maybe it would have been nice to have my roommate or the friends I met previously during this excursion so we can help each other with our stuff, but that wouldn’t have worked out anyway because I’m sure everyone would have wanted to be in the ocean. I could have gotten really close to the guys when they were in the water, but then I would have had to abandon my stuff for awhile. It still all worked out well because I enjoyed swimming in the ocean. Even though I didn’t get to swim with the BSB per say, Leighanne and her friend were swimming right along side me in the ocean. She is a very nice and pretty lady. Swimming is what I did the whole time. I didn’t even go up close to where the BSB were because I missed being in the ocean so much. I heard them talking and the music, but that’s about it. I wish I could have done the coconut game with Nick lol. That would have been a lot of fun! Or the paddle boating with Nick! Anything with Nick lol. I was able to collect some seashells and that became my souvenirs. I loved the water, the sand, everything! It was also fun to watch the BSB come in on their private boat and see Nick jump off the side. I seen a bit of the paddleboat races and that was fun too. I heard about the wet t-shirt contest. Count me out of that one, unless Nick wants a private show LOL. They had lunch in the ship restaurant that was behind the stage, but since I arrived on the island so late and went straight into the ocean, I missed out on that. I heard from multiple people that the hamburgers were raw and from someone else that they ran out of food and were taking food from the trash. Now, I don’t know if that part is true but I’m glad I didn’t eat because I wouldn’t have wanted to eat and go straight into the ocean afterwards.

 








After I soaked up as much ocean as I could, I took my stuff and went to the stage. I was able to see Nick really up close and when he was taking pictures with disabled fans. He is such a sweetheart!!! I kept getting really close by him throughout the cruise, but just couldn’t manage getting a picture, which really sucked. I would have loved to have just floated and swim by him in the ocean. It would have also been great just to hang out with him and talk with him more.









After that, I waited for a little while behind the restaurant to see if any of the guys would come out and then quickly gave up and that’s when I looked at the souvenirs. I passed a church and thought that was really special so I went inside and took some pictures. Then I took some more pictures of other things. I decided I wanted to take the next boat back to the Carnival Imagination because I wanted to make sure I wasn’t late for all what was still to come. I think that was a good idea, because as much as I hated to leave the beach, I heard that it took a long time for those to get back because of the choppy waters. My boat had a hard time lining up to the cruise ship. They told us to stand up too soon and we had to practically run back onto the ship, but we made it.











I made my way to AJ’s Hip Hop Flip Flop event on the lido deck, but because of the rain it was cancelled. I had heard that they were going to reschedule it, but I never heard if they really did. I guess they were supposed to do belly flops in the pool. I never was in the pool because it looked kind of dirty to me, but I don’t know if it was that deep enough for that. Maybe that was a blessing in disguise.

I ended up going to dinner and got some prime rib. That was really good. It came with some asparagus and stuffed mushrooms. For dessert, I got the chocolate lava cake that was out of this world. Like a brownie that melts in your mouth. Really good. I ended up being seated at a random table and met some wonderful women. There were two girls from Canada who were really nice and three women that were so much fun! Danielle was her name and she brought her mother and aunt. They are Italian just like me and are from Michigan. They were also the ladies who wore retired Hooter Girls Halloween outfits. So much fun! They also ended up being like three or four doors down from my cabin. We had a very lively conversation and it was funny when Danielle’s aunt said that the chocolate lava cake was better than sex. I thought, couldn’t be better than having sex with Nick LOL. We also compared Michigan bums with Chicago bums. Apparently, Chicago bums dress better lol. Danielle is a Kevin girl and got quite a few pictures with Kevin!!!!

I think after this was around the time where I got some BSB merchandise. It was really crowded, but I toughed it out. I ended up getting two shirts, but I wanted the hoodie, the beach ball, the frame, and the towel. Too much money so I thought I would wait until it’s on BSB’s website. The hoodie was I think $89, the beach ball $35, the frame $65, and the towel $65 or at least around there.



After this, my group’s In A World Like This concert was going to start. I wore my Kaotic Clan shirt to this in case Nick came out into the audience, but they didn’t. I ended up seeing Harriet and we waited in line together. This kind of goofed things up for me too because we waited on her side and even though we were one of the firsts to get in, my booth was on the other side and by the time I got there, the two front seats were taken and the two on the sides. Luckily, the two ladies who took the side seats left and I was able to take one of their spots. By this time my feet were killing me and I was wearing flip flops the whole time. I took them off and felt the carpeting on my feet. That was kind of neat to me. I never was able to watch a BSB concert live with my shoes off. Kind of felt like I was in my living room lol. It was good to see this concert because I was at the Chicago show where it was cut short so I didn’t get to see the whole show and this was pretty much it. The bad part about my seats was there was a pole in front of me and also when the girls in the front stood up, we had to stand up and when we stood up the balcony from the upper level blocked our view. Still a great show though. I remember Nick saying, "I am pumped mother fucker!" and I started laughing so hard. LOL I was too, Nick! Then AJ said that they can’t usually say things like that at the regular concerts lol. I really enjoyed Nick playing the guitar and the other guys with their instruments. It was a really great show and they all sounded so so good! Here's a picture, but I took mostly video of the concert.


After the concert, I went as quickly to my room as I could to get ready for the Backstreet’s Back Halloween Party. I was a flapper girl. I haven’t been able to fit into this costume since grade school and even then it didn’t fit right and this time it fit perfect. I’m so glad I picked this costume. It was between this and a Garfield costume I have (but I would want to look sexy for Nick lol) and a princess costume (which would have been too hot because it is velvet with long sleeves and would only work in Illinois weather).

 


The guys were dressed up as The Village People! It was so much fun. Nick was the construction worker (looking unbelievably sexy) and the other guys looked great too. They sang and danced to YMCA and it was so much fun. I got video of Nick playing with a whip lol and this made me laugh hysterically. He was having fun. I missed the part where they bobbed for apples. I was behind the stage so even though I was close, I missed some things. I ended up seeing Nick go back to his cabin and so did a few other girls. Most got pictures with him, but not me because he had to get ready to do his Nick and Nite djing, which I couldn’t wait for!!! I wish I could have taken pictures during this moment, but I was just waiting to get a picture of me and him. I uncontrollably screamed out "no!" when he had to leave, but understood. It just sucked that I was so close and I wanted to give him a present so bad. (I had bought a shirt for him.) I think I ran back to my room, which was just a cabin below his, and changed into my Kaotic Clan shirt and went straight to the main atrium. I think I just missed the introduction and that was it and still got really close. I was on his left side off to the stairway on the same floor as him.









 
Nick did such a wonderful job djing and it reminded me of the NKOTBSB afterparty at Nova in Addison IL that I went to except bigger. I love when Nick djs because we have similar taste in music and sure enough every song he played was a favorite of mine and perfect for our party setting. I was the girl who asked him on the Nick and Howie chat about the cruise if they were going to dj, so I’m so glad he djed. It made the whole trip for me! I liked it when he said to us, "We’re going to rave tonight!" lol. He also looks so incredibly sexy when he djs. I also liked when he did the soulja boy dance. Major points for him playing his Bon Jovi remix and his own stuff! I also enjoyed how he played his favorite song, Zedd "Clarity" and said that the song describes us and him. I felt the same way when I heard that song. Nick has a wonderful way of establishing a connection to his audience and fans. I had so much fun during this time!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment